On returning from the Second World War, Charles Menendez Macleod, known locally as Charlie Barley, opened the butcher shop at Ropework Park, Matheson Road, Stornoway on 30 June 1947. It soon became an established local butcher, where people could buy meat from the high-quality stock at Crobeag Farm. Following Charles untimely passing in 1967, his two young sons Iain and Charlie took over the running of the shop.
Now celebrating 70 years in business the shop is run by the third generation of the Macleod family and is widely recognised as the home of the famous Stornoway Black Pudding. It is with gratitude and thanks to the local support and custom over the last 70 years, that we look forward to the next 70!